17 Dec Mini-Grants
CALLING ALL HAMILTON COUNTY TEACHERS…
The members of Junior League of Chattanooga are thrilled to announce our 2023-24 Mini Grant applications are OPEN!
What are Mini-Grants?
JLC Mini-Grants is a program designed to provide funding for creative and effective teaching projects to educators in the Hamilton County public school system. JLC remains committed to helping teachers provide exciting, challenging and rewarding learning experiences for their students. This year, we are partnering with Hamico to offer grants of up to $750 to all public teachers and staff in Hamilton County!
Who is eligible for a Mini-Grant?
Any elementary, middle or high school teacher or team of teachers in the Hamilton County public school system is eligible to apply for a grant and may participate by submitting his or her project ideas via the application below.
Deadline to Apply: Monday, September 22nd, 11:59pm
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Click the tabs above for more information about Mini-Grants Applications and previous Mini-Grant Winners.
To apply for a Mini-Grant, please complete the following steps:
1. Get principal approval
Principal’s approval is required on all Mini-Grant applications. Central office approval is not required for JLC grants.
2. Apply online
-Follow this link: Mini Grant Application
-Please fill out all fields completely.
To be considered, all applications must be received by September 22nd at 11:59pm.
Please use the following guidelines when completing your application for a Mini-Grant:
• Projects should directly involve students as much as possible. For example, an audiovisual program developed for classroom use should be written and produced by students.
• Funds can be used to purchase equipment or to provide field trip transportation, but not when these are the end in themselves. Equipment and trips should be just one component of a well-planned unit of instruction.
• Interdisciplinary, team-teaching projects or projects with multiple age groups are permitted.
• Portions of grants can be used to compensate experts who come to work with students but not to pay public school teachers or staff.
• In keeping with the Junior League’s commitment to families and children, we encourage projects that include some type of parental involvement in the process when appropriate and possible.
• Portions of grants cannot be used to pay for food, receptions, parties, etc.
• Active, Provisional and Sustaining members of Junior League of Chattanooga are ineligible to apply for grants.
Grant recipients will be notified during the fall of the school year. Please note that winning projects must be implemented during the school year the grant is awarded. All grant recipients are required to complete a final evaluation and completion report upon conclusion of the project. This report is due by May 31 to the Junior League of Chattanooga.
If you have questions, please call 423-267-5053 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.
We are excited to announce the winners for the 2023-2024 Mini-Grants program soon!
Congratulations teachers, students and schools!
Thank you to our generous community partner, Hamico Foundation make JLC Mini-Grants possible!