23 Nov Become a Member – Membership
The New Member course provides training and unique opportunities designed to inspire and empower women to make a meaningful difference in their community.
There are currently two methods of joining as a new member: the traditional one year-long course offered in the fall and the new rolling admissions program.
One (year long) class begins in the fall of each year. New members of the Junior League of Chattanooga must fulfill attendance and financial requirements by the dates specified to become Active members of the League. Upon their successful completion of the requirements, New Members will be voted into Active membership of the League at the May general membership meeting.
View our Online Admissions Application to learn more details and apply!
Our newest membership plan allows new members to join at any time during the League year and follow a self-paced program with guidance from a New Member Advisor.
For more information please contact Recruitment@jlchatt.org.
There are currently over 100 Active members. Actives are those who have completed their new member year, pay annual dues and volunteer in our community.
There is even a Senior Active status designated for those who want a reduced responsibility while still engaging in a board position or leading an event.
Actives have the following opportunities:
- Volunteer in the community with our initiatives. A sample of our recent volunteer efforts can be found here.
- Education opportunities such as learning how to ask for donations or learning more about non-profits. We have great speakers here in Chattanooga that come to our general membership meetings.
- Board leadership positions.
- Fundraisers opportunities such as League on the Links Golf Tournament and Touch-A-Truck.
- Attend monthly Just for fun socials and special events open to League members and their guests. These events range from Bunco, Book Club, social themed events, baking – flower arranging classes just to name a few.
Transfers are those who are active with another Junior League and have moved to Chattanooga. If you would like to transfer your membership to the Junior League of Chattanooga, please first contact the League where your current or last membership resides to begin the process. You may also contact the JLC Membership Engagement Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or the League office at email@example.com.
Most Active members volunteer with the Junior League for eight years. Once Actives have completed their eighth year and fulfilled all of the requirements, these women have the opportunity to become a Sustainering member. There are currently over 394 Sustaining members of Junior League of Chattanooga. Sustainers pay a reduced annual contribution to the League. They are able to attend all events mentioned above for actives.
If you are a Junior League of Chattanooga Sustainer or a Sustainer from another AJLI member organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.