23 Nov Become a Member – Membership
The New Member course provides training and unique opportunities designed to inspire and empower women to make a meaningful difference in their community.
View our Online Admissions Application to learn more details and apply!
Our newest membership plan allows new members to join at any time throughout the League year and follow a self-paced program with guidance from a New Member Mentor.
For more information please contact Recruitment@jlchatt.org.
There are currently approximately 100 Active members. Actives are those who have completed their new member year, pay annual dues, have the opportunity to attend leadership training, social events and volunteer in our community.
There is even a Senior Active status designated for those who want a reduced responsibility while still engaging in a board position or leading an event.
Actives have the following opportunities:
- Volunteer in the community with our initiatives. A sample of our recent volunteer efforts can be found here.
- Education opportunities such as learning how to ask for donations or learning more about non-profits. We have great speakers here in Chattanooga that come to our general membership meetings.
- Board leadership positions.
- Fundraisers opportunities such as Tour du Jour and Touch-A-Truck.
- Attend monthly Just for fun socials and special events open to League members and their guests. These events may range from Bunco, Book Club, social themed events monthly during the year.
Transfers are those who are a member with another Junior League and have moved to Chattanooga. If you would like to transfer your membership to the Junior League of Chattanooga, please first contact the League where your current or last membership resides to begin the process. You may also contact the JLC Membership at email@example.com or the League office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Active members volunteer with the Junior League for eight years. Once Actives have completed their eighth year and fulfilled all of the requirements, these women have the opportunity to become a Sustaining member. There are currently over 394 Sustaining members of Junior League of Chattanooga. Sustainers pay a reduced annual contribution to the League and are welcomed to attend all events hosted by the JLC or any Junior League.
If you are a Junior League of Chattanooga Sustainer or a Sustainer from another Junior League, please email email@example.com.