23 Nov About Us – Mission, Vision & Values
Our Mission . . .
Junior League of Chattanooga, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We are committed to inclusive environments of individuals, organizations and communities, and its purpose is exclusively education and charitable.
Our Vision . . .
Junior League of Chattanooga: Women as catalysts for lasting community change.
Our Reaching Out Statement . . .
Junior League of Chattanooga, Inc. reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
Our Values . . .
We believe that an emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally healthy child is the product of a supportive, well-balanced family structure, and to that end:
- We believe that all women and children have the right to live in a loving, supportive environment free of emotional and physical abuse.
- We believe that all parents should have access to effective parental education.
- We believe that all children should have access to quality health care.
- We believe that children of all ages in our community deserve access to quality, affordable child care at all times.
- We believe that children of all ages have the right to a quality education and the resources to achieve it.
We believe in providing a supportive environment for our membership, and to that end:
- We believe in respecting the dignity, time and contributions of all people.
- We believe in offering exceptional training programs for women that draw upon and expand their potential skills.
- We believe in building relationships through shared interests.
- We believe in honoring the individuality and different perspectives of our members and our community partners.
We believe in providing an opportunity for our membership to make a bigger impact in our community than any one member could make by herself, and to that end:
- We believe in focusing our efforts as a team in order to make a more effective contribution.
- We believe in collaborating with other individuals, agencies and organizations who share our values.
Fast Facts . . .
JLC was founded in 1917 and is the second oldest League in the South.
JLC won the Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce 2011 Nonprofit of the Year Award and the 2011 WTCI Be More Engaging Award – People’s Choice Award.
JLC’s cookbook, Seasoned to Taste, is the official cookbook of the City of Chattanooga.
Service . . .
- Mini-Grants Program: $10,000+ each year to Hamilton County teachers
- Kids in the Kitchen: Teaching children about healthy lifestyles
- League of Learners: First Lady of TN Read 20 Book Patron
Fundraising . . .
- JLC cookbook, Seasoned to Taste: Savoring the Scenic City with the Junior League of Chattanooga
- 5k Jog-A-Nooga and Kids Run
- JLC Engage – community wide engagement opportunities
Membership . . .
JLC has more than 500 Active and Sustaining members.
JLC is a member of the Association of Junior Leagues International, a coalition of 296 Junior League organizations in four countries.
JLC reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.